I have been meaning to bloggity blog this recipe for a while and I always remember AFTER we've devoured it that I wanted to blog it and then forgot to take pics of it! GAH! But! Fear not! Tonight I remembered to snap a few pics and you're welcome in advance for this recipe!
So this is my wonderful mother-in-law's recipe that I've modified just a smidgen to Alex's taste...but I did add some optional ingredients below that I don't include but you can if that's your fancy. From start to finish this takes maybe an hour to make...easy peasy! And it reheats well too! WOOT!
What you'll need:
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (want it more meaty?! use more chicken!)
- 4 cans Great Northern white beans (Bush's brand)
- 1 32oz container of chicken broth
- 1-2 cups of water
- 2+ tsp of cumin (to taste)
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1 bag of Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- OPTIONAL: 1 small chopped onion
- OPTIONAL: 1 small can of green chopped chilies
How to make this yummyness:
- Boil the chicken until they are all cooked thoroughly.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and put in a big soup pot.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the chicken EXCEPT the cheese, stir together.
- Cook on medium/low heat for about 30 minutes or until hot.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese.
Okie dokie, short and simple recipe for ya and this oh-so-tasty!! Patrick LOVES this recipe SO MUCH! He calls it Grandma's Soup 😂 I like serving it with green beans and warm rolls...but honestly whatever you want to pair this warm chili with I'm sure will work! If you make this recipe, let me know how you like this Kathy Mooney original!