Welp friends, I have another recipe coming your way that is 110% Alex-approved and ooooooh-so-delicious. Seriously, so tasty!
I took a recipe I found online and modified it (for the better, I think, in my totally unbiased opinion) for baked manicotti. I always love the manicotti dish at Olive Garden so I was trying to go with that kind of angle for this. It takes about 30ish minutes to prep and another 45ish to cook so not one of my fastest dishes but one of my yummiest. Anyways, here it goes!
What you'll need:
- 1.5 pints ricotta cheese
- 2 8oz bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 16oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 package of manicotti pasta
- 11x17 glass baking dish
How to make this deliciousness:
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, once boiling add manicotti
- Cook manicotti until al dente, remove noodles from boiling water and place them in a bowl of cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, 1.5 bags of mozzarella, and 3/4 cup Parmesan, eggs, parsley, and salt and pepper and mix well
- Pour about 1/2 a cup of your sauce into your baking dish
- Fill each manicotti shell with cheese mixture and arrange over sauce
- Once all shells are arranged in dish, take leftover cheese mixture and spread atop the manicotta stuff noodles
- Pour remaining sauce over top (make sure all of the noodles are covered with sauce so they don't get hard and dry!), and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese
- Put into the oven and let cook for about 45 minutes or until it's really bubbling
- Before you take it out, sprinkle remainder of mozzarella cheese atop your dish and let melt/bake and then take it out, serve, and enjoy!
Welp friends, that's it! Kid tested and approved (ask Patrick) and oh-so yummy! I served it with salad, green beans, and garlic bread sticks. SO GOOD. If you make this wonderfulness, let me know what you think!!