This is one of my most FAVORITE recipes and I am a little shocked I've never blogged it! CRAZY! But it's super simple...just takes a bit to cook (prep takes like 5 minutes so that's easy), but it's worth it and so tasty! I serve it with green beans and crescent rolls. YUMMMMM.
What you'll need:
- 9x13 glass baking pan
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of milk (or heavy cream)
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box of Minute Rice
- 8-10 chicken breast tenderloins
- Mrs. Dash lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt & pepper
How to make this tasty cheesy concoction:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, mix up the 2 cans of cream of chicken soup with 2 cups of milk (hint: I just fill the milk up in the cream of chicken soup cans to 'measure' my 2 cups)
- Once combined, generously sprinkle in salt and pepper
- Take mixture and pour into your baking pan
- Get your Minute Rice and pour into the mixture...this is where you need to 'eyeball it' -- you want your rice to be soaked in the mixture but still have some 'soupy-ness' to the mixture and rice
- Mix in about 1.5 cups of the shredded cheese into the rice mixture
- Take your tenderloins and generously coat the with the lemon pepper seasoning, and place on top of the rice mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375F; at 30 minutes flip the tenderloins over, bake for another 30 minutes
- After an hour get a knife and cut open a few of the tenderloins to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way throuh
- Once the chicken is cooked, take the remainder of the cheese (about 1.5 cups) and cover the top of the chicken and rice...let bake for a couple minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven, plate, and ENJOY!
Seriously, it is SO DARN GOOD. YUMMMMMM-O. If you make it, drop me a line in the comments and let me know how you like it! You can modify it and put veggies in with the rice too if that's your jam...or more/different kinds of cheese too. Go crazy! And enjoy!!