I have another super tasty (and probably super healthy too since it's only got a few ingredients, right?!! :) recipe for you: crack. I named this post chocolate crack to make it a wittle more obvious that it's a recipe and not in fact about a drug...haha.
So I modified my chocolate crack recipe from here a bit to suit my tastebud needs. I will tell you I tried to use wax paper instead of aluminum foil for the liner and DO NOT DO THIS. The wax paper is a doozey to get off the bottom of the crack and just use foil instead.
What you'll need:
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers (about 30-40)
- 1 big baking pan (or 2 smaller ones)
- aluminum foil
- cooking spray
- 2 bags of milk chocolate chips
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
To craft this tastiness:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Line the baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Arrange the crackers along the bottom so they're all nice and snuggly next to each other
- In the saucepan melt the butter over medium heat, then when melted add the cup of brown sugar, stirring occasionally
- Increase the heat so the butter-sugar is brought to a boil, when it's a thickened caramel color, remove from heat and pour evenly over the crackers
- Put the pan of crackers into the oven for 4ish minutes until the caramel on top begins to bubble (watch carefully!), when it bubbles pull it out
- Dump the bags of chocolate chips over the crackers, when melted, spread to even out with a knife
- Place pan in freezer for 30+ minutes until completely cold
- Once chilled, take out, peel off foil, and "crack" into pieces
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge...try not to eat all at once!
Seriously, SO TASTY and so easy. From start to finish this recipe takes me MAYBE 10 minutes to make. SO.FREAKING.EASY.
If you make it, let me know how you like it! It sure is a favorite treat 'round the Mooney casa!