Mike has concocted the most delicious ribs recipe EVER -- and it's using the crockpot! Genius, right?!! I mean, the guy makes some mean ribs on the grill, but these ones in the crockpot mighttttt be my new most favorite...and, they're Alex-approved because they are stupid easy to make.
What you'll need:
- Slab of ribs (or two!)
- 1 can of Pepsi or Coke
- Cavender's seasoning
- 1 cup brown sugar
- OPTIONAL: garlic cloves
How to make this tastiness:
- Cut the ribs (they actually cut easier if they're almost frozen!) and season them generously with the Cavender's.
- Place them in the crockpot, and sprinkle the brown sugar over them.
- Dump the entire can of soda in the crockpot; try and do this so the seasoning stays on the ribs and doesn't get taken off by the soda pouring in (aka try and pour the soda NOT on the ribs but just against the crockpot walls)
- Cover with the lid, turn crockpot on low for 5-6 hours.
- Ribs are cooked (literally delicious-falling-off-the-bone) after about 5.5-6 hours.
- Serve! We serve them straight out of the crockpot and/or coat them with our favorite Blue's Hog BBQ sauce.
Seriously, SO EASY, amiright?! And soooo tasty. Please let me know how much you enjoy this recipe if you make it...I promise you will!! Serve them with these cheesy potatoes and your tastebuds will thank you. And, side note, the Cavender's seasoning is the best seasoning EVER and we love just coating chicken drummies with it, tossing them on the grill, and enjoying.