This recipe gets 100% full credit to my wonderfully creative hubby Mike. This is his recipe, so if you cook it and love it, give him the props. Since he doesn't blog, I'm sharing his deliciousness with you here on mine...you're welcome.
What you'll need:
- Head of garlic
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Pasta noodles (we use angel hair)
- Parmesan cheese
- Half a lemon
- 40-50 frozen uncooked raw deveined peeled shrimp (tail on or tail off--whichever you prefer)
How to prepare this tastiness:
- Boil water and cook the pasta noodles; drain and set aside once cooked
- Slice the entire head of garlic into small pieces (or use a garlic smusher to break it up)
- In a good size saucepan, combine the garlic and olive oil (as much as it takes to coat the bottom of the pan) on medium heat for a few minutes to combine and cook the garlic -- make sure it doesn't burn!
- Add in the frozen shrimp, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste; cook until the shrimp is pink
- Once the shrimp is pink and cooked, reduce heat and add the pasta noodles and mix together
- Squeeze the half of a lemon over the shrimp and pasta
- Plate and serve, top with Parmesan cheese
- ENJOY! Serve with garlic bread if you so desire
If you end up making this delicious (and super easy!) dish, let me know how you like it! It's one of our favorites and a super easy go-to meal, since we always seem to have a box of pasta lying around and a bag of frozen shrimp in the freezer! It is one of our favorites!