This is hands-down one of my favorite recipes and easiest go-to dish to cook for company. It's easy (hellllllo crock pot meal!) and takes almost no prep time. Yes, you need 4ish hours to cook it, but it's worth it, cause it's oh-so-yummy.
I stole this recipe from my aunt, who calls it "Luke's Favorite Chicken," but I've "Alexified" it because her recipe called for chunks of celery (eww) and cream of mushroom soup (eww) so I replaced those with things I liked better.
I posted it here on Pinterest a few years ago and it's been repinned several times...however, I always have to search back through a zillion pins in my food board to find the recipe (cause I can never remember exactly how many bricks of cream cheese or what not I need to use) and it's annoying--it takes longer to find the recipe than make it!
So I'm hoping writing it up here serves the purpose of both sharing it with you anddddddd giving me easy access to it for future cookings.
What you'll need:
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or boneless thighs, your choice!)
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 brick 8oz cream cheese
- 2 packets Good Seasoning brand Zesty Italian seasoning
- Whatever you want to serve it over...white rice or noodles are both good
How to make this heavenly deliciousness:
- Combine milk, cream of chicken soup, seasoning, and cream cheese (cubed) in a crockpot. Stir until combined
- Dice the chicken breast/thighs and put into crockpot; stir together
- Turn crockpot on high for 4ish hours until chicken is cooked
- Serve over rice or noodles...great with garlic bread and veggies too!