First off, do you follow the Tasty Facebook page?! If not, you need to. The videos are hypnotizing ANDDDDDD super easy to make if you so decide to go that route.
Recently I saw this recipe from Tasty for "Slow Cooker 3 Cheese Lasagna" and thought, "Wow. This is super easy and I can make it the night before, put it on when I get home from work, and BOOM. Dinner is ready in 2 hours." What's nice about the Tasty videos is that the first comment under the video is the recipe, so as cool as the actual video is you don't have to rely on watching that and pausing it over and over again to make the food. Nice, huh?!
Anyways, the recipe called for cheese lasagna with a bunch of (yuck) veggies. Um, not how Alex here rolls. I like meat and cheese, hold the veggies. So! I decided to concoct my own recipe from Tasty's and behold! You have my Crock Pot Lasagna recipe I'm about to share here with you.
I want to emphasize that this is MY recipe now (inspired by the Tasty video), so the amounts and such that I use are different than what was listed in the video. Again, Alex here likes a lot of meat and cheese.
What you'll need:
- Crockpot (good size one, 5+ quarts)
- 1 box of oven ready/no boil lasagna noodles
- 32oz container of Ricotta cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 24oz jars of your favorite pasta/marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2lbs ground beef
How to make this deliciousness:
- Brown the ground beef on a skillet. Add salt/pepper or any beef seasoning that you like (I actually leave mine seasoning-less)
- Drain the beef and put it in a bowl inside the fridge to cool (I let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to make sure the beef is not scalding hot anymore)
- Get your crockpot and layer the bottom with your pasta sauce (about 1/2ish of a jar)
- Lay the noodles on top of that, breaking them to cover the bottom atop the sauce
- Spoon the Ricotta cheese onto the noodles (a generous amount--mmmmm, cheese!) to cover the top of the noodles
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese atop the Ricotta (about a cup's worth)
- Get the cooled ground beef from the fridge and put half of the 2 pounds atop the mozzarella
- Coat the beef with the rest of the first jar of pasta sauce
- Repeat steps 4 - 8
- Coat your creation with another 1 - 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Parmesan atop the mozzarella
- Turn on high heat for 2ish hours (just watch it to see when the top is bubbling and golden brown)...then cut, plate, and enjoy!
Seriously. This lasagna is amazingly easy to make and oh-so-delicious once cooked! And yes, you could add onions, peppers, and other nasty veggies to it (and destroy it, if you ask me :) per your liking. OR! Stick with my delicious recipe of meat and cheese deliciousness and you'll be oh-so-happy.
ENJOY! And let me know if you do indeed make this and how you like it! I'd love to hear!!